Whether you’re cooking for two or twenty- this dried morel bisque is certain to win over everybody’s hearts (and stomach’s!) This dish can be enjoyed on date night alongside wine and a low-burning candle or in a larger portion made available at a dinner party. Whatever your occasion, follow this recipe to create the perfect dish for any occasion.
- Firstly, you must rehydrate your dried morel mushrooms. Take your 4 cups of chicken stock, transfer them into a large bowl and submerge your morel mushrooms for around half an hour. Once they have softened, remove and pat them dry.
- Ensure to strain your chicken stock and place it to one side. Begin to chop your softened mushrooms. If you are wanting to garnish your bisque, keep some small mushrooms for this purpose.
- Now, begin to combine your other ingredients. Over medium heat, let your chopped celery and diced onion simmer in half of your unsalted butter for a few minutes. Next, add your rice and wait a few minutes. Then, add your sherry until it reduces before adding your chicken stock and morel mushrooms and cooking until your rice is done.
- Next, get your blender to combine everything and create your smooth and perfect bisque. Add your 1 cup of heavy cream and gradually add the other half of your unsalted butter. Once you have pureed the mixture, add salt and pepper where needed.
- Finally, take your mixture and prepare it to serve. If you saved some small morel mushrooms earlier- lightly brown them in any leftover butter and decorate the top of your dish with them gently. Voila! Spoon your bisque into bowls and serve with a smile.