Page last updated: 21st March 2018 Version 1
The Good Food Network (“We” or “Us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and we comply with the principles of the relevant data protection regulations.
1. Who Are We?
We are The Good Food Network Ltd, 15 Edgeborough Way, Bromley, Kent, BR1 2UA, United Kingdom
2. What personal information will you collect about me?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We collect the following data from you when you use our products or services:
- Cookie data when you use our website www.thegoodfoodnetwork.com (see Cookie section 10 below for further information on cookies we use)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Payment information at checkout
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We collect such information about you when you make an enquiry, register for our newsletter or place an order for products or services from us. We also collect information when you voluntarily:
- Complete customer surveys
- Provide feedback
- Participate in competitions
This policy also relates to our use of any personal information you provide us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
4. How will you use the information you collect about me?
The Good Food Network will use the personal information you supply to respond to your enquiries, to manage your account with us and the work we do for you, and to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you.
We will also use your information to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience of our website.
If you have opted in to receive marketing information from us and are not a customer, we will send you regular marketing emails. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with third parties.
5. Your Account
If you have registered for an account this will also allow you to login to The Good Food Network website.
Your Good Food Network account is also covered by the policies of this website, and the information will not be passed onto third parties or used for marketing purposes without your consent.
6. Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within the The Good Food Network except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section.
Generally, we will use your information within the The Good Food Network and will only share it outside where you have requested it or given your consent.
However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites.
We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes as appropriate.
We may disclose name, address, telephone number or email to specify personal data category or categories to our suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary to carry out the work you have contracted us to do.
Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers, SagePay and PayPal. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at https://www.sagepay.co.uk/ and https://www.paypal.com/uk/home
We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and we require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
7. International transfers
Sometimes we use third parties to process or store your information on our behalf, for example storing data using Cloud services for accounting, marketing, database administration.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
8. How long will you keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or up to 7 years as per legal requirement or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
9. How can I access or delete my information?
You can request a copy of the information we hold on you at any time by writing to us. We will need evidence of your identity in order to process such a request and we will respond to your request within 30 days of the date you send it to us. If we are unable to supply your information within that time, we will let you know. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You can also request that all information we hold on you is deleted, subject to where we need to keep it for legal reasons (e.g. accounting purposes or for legal disputes).
If there are inaccuracies with the personal information we hold about you, please let us know and we will correct your records.
You may instruct us at any time not to continue holding your personal information for marketing purposes. We also provide an opt-out facility on the bottom of our email marketing.
To request a copy of your information, to have it updated or deleted altogether, please contact The Good Food Network at email@example.com or call us on 0208 466 7170.
10. Web browser cookies
a) What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the The Good Food Network website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On The Good Food Network website, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our website to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed in to your account and to provide a more personalised experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to a specific page, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight relevant information on your second and subsequent visits. We use this type of information to help improve the services we provide users.
c) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide us with information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using. This can also include your device’s location through the web-browser. We use information provided by your browser or by the link that you have clicked to understand the webpage that directed you to the website and this may be captured by performance cookies.
11. Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
12. Contacting us about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact:
The Good Food Network,15 Edgeborough Way, Bromley, Kent, BR1 2UA, United Kingdom or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org