|Storage:||In a cupboard.|
Durum wheat semolina.
1. Use a large pan and plenty of salted water. Pasta needs lots of water to move around in, approx 2 litres for 200g of pasta.
2. Add the pasta to the pan when the water has reached a rolling boil.
3. Cover the pan, and as soon as the water comes back to the boil, remove the lid and leave uncovered/at an angle.
4. Follow the packet instructions for timing but check the pasta at least twice to avoid overcooking it.
5. Pasta is cooked when it is still firm to the bite and slightly chewy. (Note: it will go on cooking slightly even when drained.)
6. The instant the pasta is cooked, drain it and start tossing it with the sauce. The sauce should thoroughly coat every piece of pasta.